Monday, September 16, 2013

Back Home Again Day - Day 13 (46th)

Temperatures were very similar to yesterday in that the low temperature was 54F and the high temperature was 68F, still clouds but no rain for a second day in a row.  I did require a gasoline purchase today, unfortunately at the price of $3.839/gallon.  The view from atop Mt Defiance was quite breathtaking as one can see in the photo, the visit to Fort Ticonderoga, and the stop in Bethel, site of the Woodstock Event made it a very good day.
Mileage for the Maine portion of the trip added up to 1953 miles for the thirteen (13) day trip or 150 miles/day, exactly half the average of the Washington portion of the trip.  The total mileage for the two trips combined added up to 11550 miles.
States visited on the Maine portion of the trip were Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont bringing the state total for the entire trip to twenty-six (26).
This concludes the daily entries to the blog until another trip is planned?  I hope everyone who visited the blog enjoyed the photos and tidbits of information from the sites across the United States that were visited.  These four trips that I have taken since my retirement have been both enjoyable and enlightening to me.
I also hope to add some panoramic photos at a later date along with other pertinent data from my trip.

This is the Traveller signing off for now!

1 comment:

  1. glad you got home safely....I sure enjoyed the pics and the info....kudos to you the Traveller...

    ReplyDelete